Sunday 19 June 2011

RANCHO ROMANTICA DE RED – ecofarm

Location: North-East of Poland, Warmian-Masurian, 17km from Olecko, 158km from Olsztyn

My farm is situated among few small lakes and fish ponds. Some storks found home on my yard and a small river is crossing the farm on the south.

I am a creative romantic girl, a dreamer, a naturalist, a lover of living in harmony with nature. I’m speaking English, German and Russian. Couple years ago I decided to sell my flat and move from the city to the Masurian village. I’m running my farm on my own. I have got 4 horses, 9 goats, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 hens and young orchard.
I have established a closed cycle - linkage of a plant crop with an animal breeding - as the eco-farming system. I’m also watering plants with water from local trickles and ponds.

Jobs on my farm may vary. You may expect planting and pruning trees, picking vegetables and fruits, fertilising the crop, milking goats, making jams and dairy products, building and renovating, cutting wood, collecting branches, making hay, feeding animals. You may be asked for whitening walls, plastering, mortaring and panelling.

WWOOFers will be accommodated in a bedroom with bathroom in my house or on the attic with hay or in the tent. I am carnivore, but all vegans and vegetarians are welcome. Smoking is allowed but not inside the buildings and tents.

No comments: