Sunday 22 July 2012

The language project

Kourosh wants to get a job in an English teaching school. I advice him with it. I have made pics of him for his CV and adviced him to record his lovely American accent. For the voice sample he used the Magna Carta http://www.constitution.org/eng/magnacar.htm


Magna Carta Reading: audio recording by Kourosh


Searching a job this is also a job :) He spent a few days working on my computer and putting every needed piece of information onto one place – online. Now he will be able to send his application form from any place in the world. In the evening I adviced him how to make English language lessons, what is important during summer language courses. 


I also had him to record one chapter of the Colonists novel for my language learning project. It took over 33 minutes and over 170 MB memory at my computer. I am going to use this sample to work on my American pronunciation, since I used to learn British English pronunciation which is different. Kourosh has Southern Californian accent which I like.




Chapter 1 of the Colonists novel - audio recording by Kourosh
http://soundcloud.com/isabelle-de-red/chapter-01-of-26/s-1akte

No comments: