Wednesday 15 August 2012

The Darkness


I went into darkness. At first I could see nothing. There was no light from the Moon or stars. Nothing. It took some time before I could see contours of the farming buildings. I went carefully along the farm inner road. After several steps I could see solar lamp next to the river. Oh, how good that I put it there! In such darkness like that one it was the only orientation point showing where passage over river was. I put it here for horses to let them see the passage at night. For their safety. I don’t want them to fall down accidentally to the stream and get hurt.

I continued my walk toward orchards. Saba – one of my dogs – was with me. I walked silently in the darkness carefully putting each step. I should make some noise and let my horses to know, that I was approaching in order to avoid being knocked over accidentally, but felt like walking in total silence. I walked like a fox :) In secret :) After around 200 metres I could sense my beloved horses. They were on the left. I couldn’t see them nor hear them, but I could sense their presence there. The warmth of their dear souls. I continued my walk towards the farm gate. When I approached it – I looked around seeing in darkness reflection of the big fishing pond in front of me and a short flash of a light. Someone was over the pond. Probably a fisherman or the owner of the pond.

I turned around and sow Saba behind me waving her tail. I touched her head and caressed her ear. We went back. After some metres I could hear a move in the orchard where I sensed before my horses. They were there. This time I made some noise, because they noticed somebody was near and they got into panic. So I spoke to them reassuring them that it was me and everything was all right. They had been sleeping already. When they heard it was me – they returned to their dreams.

I continued my walk back to the yard. Saba was there already barking in darkness as she heard steps. When I spoke to her, she stopped barking - recognising it was me. 

I went home and decided  to bake milk bread for tomorrow. So I made the mixture and put it into the oven. This time I decided to use poppy to the bread. I love poppy seeds. I took out milk from the fridge and collected cream from it. I will need it for salad and for pudding. I think I should bake a cake as well. I have so much apples ideal for the cake. I will do it tomorrow after the control. 

I have made corn oats with milk and have eaten them with taste :)

No comments: