Sunday 13 May 2012

The micro steps


When I am alone – it means most time which I live here – and are not feeling well, or just are overtired, overworked etc. I try to continue working just making small tasks. Even really tiny tasks. But doing them take me to my goals closer. I sense that. Even each tiny step towards my goals, towards my dreams – takes me closer to them. Each done task makes me feel better. I am proud of myself that I have managed to do so much in the end. I wouldn’t be where I am if not these thousands of tiny steps... :)

Sometimes doing whatever is hard to start. Then, the best are micro steps – meaning micro tasks. The tasks easy to do. In situations when I don’t feel like doing anything – I just choose such tiny tasks. And, preferably I do only what I would like to do. Beginning with favourite tasks is good for the start. Later I can continue doing some less preferred tasks. The most important is to break through and start doing whatever...

So today I fixed broken wires, took the young stallion to the fresh spot in the meadow to let him graze there, checked hens and eggs, discovered that one of my dogs eats eggs (!), so now the doggy is closed until the night when hens will go to sleep and I shut the hen pan well :D

Soon rain, so I should go out and to do something outside before will be raining. I love doing things outside. I just have to be outside everyday in order to feel well. I am open spaces human being :) I do love fresh air, wind, the Sun, rain, snow – and all these natural smells and sounds around.

Specially in spring time the Nature is full of wonderful sounds and smells. I just love them :) I also love to move a lot. I cannot sit in a house all day in front of computer. If I do it sometimes – I don’t feel well then. I remember the city times, when I used to live in a city and work on computer all days and nights. Sometimes I wasn’t sleeping and eating for 3 days – just working on my projects and exploring the Internet. After that I felt like a zombie. Once I was so exhausted that I fall down from stairs because couldn’t control my body anymore.

Then, I had noticed, that I should limit the virtual life and focus more on real life. Living in a countryside is very real :) Coming here did me good. Good for my mental and physical health. Sitting in front of computer for all day is not natural behaviour for living mobile creature like a human. I just need to move a lot. So often I do kilometres walking across my farm lands here and there doing something.

Of course I try to save my energy and if I can do a couple of tasks during one walk – I do them. I don’t waste my time on walking to the edge of my land only to correct a wire. When I am coming back – I collect branches or stones for example. When you work alone at your farm, you should be well organised and save your time and energy, using them better in more thoughtful way.

No comments: