Sunday 13 May 2012

When you live at a farm


When you live at a farm time goes by very fast. Day is always too short. You never look at your watch. You work until its getting dark and you can hardly see anything. Busy with things you forget about eating, so you eat late, when the day is off.

Right now is 7 p.m. I haven’t eaten lunch neither dinner. But I am not very hungry. Well, I have eaten good breakfast at 10 a.m. :) I feel a bit tired more than hungry. I was busy all day using the opportunity, that didn’t rain. I just wanted to do what I have planned to do before the rain. Now is still sunny and I have some more tasks to do outside. I would like to finish them. And probably I will do it.

When I have here some summer helpers – I have to make sure to feed them 3 times a day at the same or nearly the same hours. And to try to cook everyday something different. To try new recipes. As long as I am alone, I don’t have such obligation. But soon, probably in June it will change. So I am happy to use my freedom in May :D

Well, I don’t mind cooking. I do like to cook for people. But I would like to have normal, comfortable and beautiful kitchen. I don’t know when I will be able to renovate it. Maybe one day a volunteer with some real building skills will arrive and will help me with it... Right now I just try not to see how it looks like. Just when I look at it, I imagine that it looks like I have planned... It helps :) But for some strangers the look of the kitchen may be a shock... :)

Well, anyway, until the end of May I will be busy with seedlings at home. I need some space for them. The kitchen is the only place where I can keep them in big number, because this is a big room.

I repaired the fence today and made it stronger. The horses are not very happy about it, because they like the other pasture which is now not accessible to them. It’s time to switch on electricity in order to discourage them against another breaking into the forbidden pasture. The forbidden pasture is too close to the pasture where is the young stallion. It’s too risky to let the adult stallion to get there, because he tries fiercely to get the young stallion to bite him and expel him from my land. The big stallion is widely jealous about the mares and even able to kill the young stallion, so they have to be separated.

The bigger distance between them – the more safe for the young stallion. But I need to build here more solid fence made from wooden parts, not only from wires and plastic sticks. It took me a lot of time to bring back the scared little stallion from the nearby forest and fields where he used to run away terrified by the adult stallion who was chasing him with great hate.

What’s more, I am afraid about his health and life, so even more I need to keep him away from the adult one.

The adult one knows what I think about his aggressive actions. When he was looking at the young one with hatred – I called him using his name and warned him not to do any actions against the young one. He understood! I could see it. He was standing at a path when I called him by his name. He turned his head into my direction and saw me warning him with my finger and serious, irritated and aloud timbre of my voice. I could see and feel that he understood my intention. He stopped looking fiercely at the young horse and continued his walk to the another pasture. But I need to watch him all the time and make sure he cannot get to the young one.

I have switched on the electricity in the wire fence. Then I have taken back home some plastic containers with soil from back garden in order to sow some seeds inside.

Hens are still grazing outside, but when they will go to the hen pan – I will shut them exactly to make sure, that my doggy will not get inside to eat out new eggs...

It’s nearly 8 p.m. I think I will make dinnero-supper :D

The additional good effect of today’s activities is – I feel good now :D The pain dissapeared! I don’t know even when... That’s great :)

I can see goats through the window. They play in the gold sunshine of sunset in front of my house... I adore my rural life. I adore the Nature, the animals, all the elements, vast spaces around. They make me feel good. They heal me. They are so true and beautiful... I couldn’t live again in a city. No way! :) It would be too boring too me, too limiting and not so meaningful like my present life... :)

No comments: